Upcoming MVCA Events
Proposed Subdivision at Bankfield and Prince of Wales
(4386 Rideau Valley Drive)
On August 29 there was a virtual public information session about the proposed development.
Councillor Brown has posted a transcript of the session and some Q&A's
Sidewalks and Cycling in Manotick
The City’s updated Active Transportation Projects List contains some good news for Manotick.:
1. Sidewalk along Eastman Ave from Rideau Valley Dr to existing sidewalk.
2. Sidewalk along Potter Dr to 81m south of Eastman Ave.
3. Sidewalk along Long Island Rd from Bridge St to Riverside Crescent,
4. A feasibility review of a pedestrian crossing near Bracken Field.
5. A feasibility study of adding pedestrian and cycling facilities on Manotick Main St from Eastman Ave to Century Rd E, and adding cycling facilities on Manotick Main St from Eastman Ave to Bankfield Rd and on Bridge St, east of Manotick Main St.
There are no start dates set yet for these projects.
These are part of a city-wide list of projects that will begin in 2024 and will be implemented based on available funding.
MVCA is a community-based, not-for-profit organization to be incorporated in the Province of Ontario
Our mandate is towards advancing the interests of the Village and Community of Manotick and the quality of life of its residents by
a) Respecting and promoting the quality of life in the community; and
b) Advancing the cultural, social and recreational interests of its residents.
MVCA represents the entire community while the Members determine how that happens. Members determine who represents our community on the Board of Directors and they vote on key governance topics at the AGM.
We are your community association. See our Membership page for details.
Share your events, your comments and your feedback with us
The most popular page on this website is In The Community. Residents are looking for events and activities that are taking place locally. Send us your details and we will add them to that page.
If you have questions, concerns, feedback or input that you want to share contact us any time at email@example.com